Type: College Courses
Duration: One or two years full-time, depending on study route.
This course provides an introduction to the sector for students looking to build a career in sport, in areas such as exercise and fitness, coaching and leadership, sports development and the outdoors. It is designed to give a full understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in this industry.
- One-year Extended Certificate, including English and Maths
- One-year Foundation Diploma
- Two-year Diploma, including English and Maths
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
What You Study
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training
- Practical sports
- Sports coaching and leadership
- Sports injuries
- Sports psychology
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.