Type: College Courses
Duration: One or two years full-time, depending on study programme.
This course is for academy-level sports students to help maximise their chances of developing a career in professional sport. With sports academies in girls and boys football, rugby and netball, as well as individuals who compete in athletics, golf and martial arts, this programme helps support professional sporting development as well as academic. Different study options are available to suit your needs.
- One-year Extended Certificate, including English and Maths
- One-year Foundation Diploma
- Two-year Diploma, including English and Maths
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
What You Study
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training
- Practical sports
- Sports coaching and leadership
- Sports injuries
- Sports psychology
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2. You must have played at a good level in a chosen sport and a satisfactory reference is also needed. Apply online.