Type: Degree Courses
Duration: One year full-time or two years part-time.
This programme offers a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations.
There is an increasing demand for people with a combination of both academic and practical competence within the industry, which this course aims to address. It is designed to develop appropriate professional attitudes, such as critical thinking, initiative and motivation.
What You Study
- Physical activity, lifestyle and health
- The sport landscape
- Project management
- Anatomy and physiology
- Technology in sport
- Work exposure
- Working with young people.
- Applicants will have a minimum of 48 UCAS points, which may be from qualifications such as A Levels, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas, Access to Higher Education Diplomas and City and Guilds Advanced Technical Diplomas, amongst others. Please use the UCAS Tariff points calculator to determine the UCAS points value of your qualification.
- Applicants need GCSE English Language at grade C / 4 or above, or an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants need an appropriate academic reference.
- Life and / or experience of non-traditional students will be taken into account when considering applications. The successful completion of an entry task may be required when considering applications without the required formal entry qualifications.
- If first language is not English, or a Tier 4 student visa to study is required and GCSE grade C / 4 English or equivalent is not held, English language proficiency level such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each skill) will need evidencing.
After successful completion of the course (one year) you will have the opportunity to progress on to a Level 5 Sport qualification (year two of a degree programme) or alternatively have an excellent qualification which will have given you the potential to secure employment in the sporting industry.
The programme is designed to give students education and training for a range of careers in Sport for example;
- Personal trainer
- Sports development officer
- Activity leader
- Sport and physical activity manager
- Sports coach
- Sports nutritionist
- Sports leisure centre operative / manager.
How to Apply
Application for the full-time course is through UCAS, using code HNCS, and application to the part-time course is through our online application form.