Type: Short Courses
Duration: Two days
The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge; understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
What You Study
This course has been designed to enhance the knowledge developed from taking the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction: Gym-Based Exercise.
- Methods of collecting participant information
- Principles of screening participants prior to exercise including the use of the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- How to use participant information to assist with the planning of safe and effective group circuit training sessions
- How to use music to enhance group circuit training sessions
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments.
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of participants
- Preparing self, equipment and environment for group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
- Evaluating own performance.