The Bishop Burton Equine Academy provides continued support and development of proven high calibre riders, or those with future potential to succeed to a high level.
The Equine Academy
Bishop Burton College's Equine Academy aims to:
- Offer high quality provision for continued education and career development
- Provide top-class coaching and support for a variety of equestrian disciplines
- Develop individual preparation, training and competition strategies in order to maximise performance.
Equine Academy Students
Each Equine Academy student receives:
- Competition schedule assistance and planning
- Discounted DIY stabling
- Specialist support from the Bishop Burton team, which including a Rider Fitness Coach
- Therapy sessions for horses in the Equine Therapy Centre, with reduced prices for treatment
- Option to join the Bishop Burton Riding Club.
Equine Academy Development Squad
The Development Squad is suited towards students who show the potential and enthusiasm to progress in their discipline, but would benefit from training and coaching to get to the level of competition required for full Equine Academy status.
How to Apply
Applications to join the academy close in the middle of August to allow time for them to be reviewed for the upcoming academic year. Please note that places are limited and eligible applicants will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis.
To request selection into the academy, please send a covering letter detailing your competition aspirations, as well as the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up-to-date competitive CV, including competition record
- DVD / video link of you competing in a recent (within last six months) affiliated competition
- Reference from your current trainer / coach.